Thursday, April 16, 2015

O is for ORDINARY PEOPLE

 
OH NO... is one day early ! Posted N and O on the same day... new post for P on Saturday

In 1980 when Ordinary People won the Oscar for best picture I was curious to see it because I was a huge fan of Robert Redford as an actor. I had been reluctant to see the film as I knew it revolved around a tragic young death and the heavy reactions by the grieving family.

Today with magnificent films credited to Mr. Redford  such as LEGENDS of the FALL  it seems silly to have even wondered if ORDINARY PEOPLE  an Oscar winning film would be lacking in any way. The film is at times slow, but so is sadness and grief.

The film made me think a lot about the different ways in which we all grieve and  to look for warning signs of depression.

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment