Sunday, September 28, 2014

Interview with Logan Judy author of dystopian Sci-Fi FINDING SAGE


       BOOK ON AMAZON
 
     What is your book about?
   Finding Sage is set in a dystopian future where people have superheroes, but the oppressive government hunts them down.  The prevailing thought is that being one of these people, called rogues, gives you genetic properties that make you violent.  The story follows a few of those rogues, and their quest to find the freedom fighter known as Sage.


·         Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?
 
 Characters are always dancing around in my mind.  For Finding Sage in particular, a lot of the plot elements played out in my head and I wrote them down.  My characters are always talking, which is awesome when I’m writing, but also distracting when I’m elsewhere.


·         Who gets to read your drafts before they're published?
Primarily just people who are giving me feedback.  For Finding Sage, that was a few close friends and some outside beta readers.  For my second book, I’m utilizing a professional editor, but I’ll still consult close friends and beta readers first, to ensure that it’s the best it can be.


·         What project(s) are you working on now?
   I’ve been working on the sequel to Finding Sage since pretty soon after Finding Sage was released at the end of March, and that’s taking up most of my creative time.  I also have a project reserved for NaNoWriMo, a dystopian story about the state raising children in a government boarding school and encouraging some very depraved behavior, and a the resolve of a few teenagers there to be honorable amidst the immorality.

·         What authors inspire or influence your work?
Several authors inspire me.  I think the biggest ones are probably C.S. Lewis, George Orwell, and Ray Bradbury, as well as modern author Neal Shusterman.
    

·         Where can readers find you and your book(s) online? 
  My book, and all books I’ll publish in the future, can and will be found on Amazon.  You can also follow me on Twitter at @loganrjudy or on Facebook .  I also have a website where I sometimes blog about writing or give news updates, and you can also sign up for my newsletter from there


 
Finding Sage is a dystopian story about a future where some people, known as rogues, exhibit supernatural abilities.  That’s not a good thing, however, because the global government hunts them down and executes them, imprisons them, or forces them to become assassins.  Silas is such a rogue.  He lives day by day constantly paranoid about his chances of survival.   So when a wide-eyed hobo offers him a solution to his problems, a mysterious man who the U.N. seems desperate to find, he follows, not having the slightest clue what he’s just stepped into.
Alice hides a dark secret. Many rogues have come and gone in past years, but if people only knew how dark her so-called gift was, they would reject her. Attack her. Kill her. Where can she turn?
Sage is the one that connects them. The one that offers hope to them both. Little is known about him and precious few have seen him. So why is he the only one that the U.N. is afraid of?
Buy:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment